What is an ASYSTED Business?
The ASYSTED Business Programme supports young people aged 16-30 who are unemployed, with the fundamental skills to start and run their own businesses.
Anyone looking to be their own boss or has an idea that they would like to turn into a business can learn how to get started in a sustainable way to give the best chance of success.
The support that SYST provide incudes mentoring with industry experts and workshops.
There is also an opportunity for young people to gain financial support with taking their business to the next level.
Eligibility Criteria for being an ASYSTED Business.
Applicants need to be able to demonstrate all of the following:
- Aged between 16 – 30 and based within Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin region.
- Currently not in education, full time employment or training (NEET) If you a zero hours contract or are in part time employment and are in receipt of benefits, then you are eligible.
- Have a business idea or have already set up a business in Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin.
If you are eligible for our ASYSTED Business Programme, here is how you can get involved.
1. Apply for our ASYSTED Business programme by completing the form below.
2. Your application will be considered by our team to check that you are eligible.
3. If eligible, you will then be invited to a initial meeting with one of our team to discuss your business and the support that we can provide.
This support may include the following;
• Improving your business plan and strategy.
•Access to workshops, training and office space.
• Providing a mentor to support you. This could include marketing, legal advice, HR and accountancy.
4. Applicants that require funding to setup their business, or to take it to the next level, can then apply for financial support through either of our following funds;
a. Our IGNITE fund – this is for applicants that are looking for financial support up to £250. The applicant will need to provide details about how they will spend the money and why this will improve their business.
b. Our ASYTOR Panel Fund – this is for applicants that are looking for financial support between £250-£5,000. These applicants will be required to present their business plan to a panel and explain why this will improve their business.
To register your interest please apply.