Volunteer Youth Worker
Do you know anyone that would like to volunteer their time and skills for a good cause?
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic and empathetic volunteer youth workers to work with and support our young people. Our volunteer youth workers will act as a main point of contact for young person/people. Helping them to build self-esteem and value themselves using a holistic approach.
In addition to general youth support, this role will involve working in our new Youth Hub aimed at 16–24-year-olds. This hub will tailor activities and workshops to what the young people want to see in their community. Activities may range from sports to the arts, whilst including our usual enterprise and employment guidance to help young people build a better future for themselves. This volunteer role will also have the possibility of doing outreach work for us.
This role is for people aged 18+ and is subject to a free DBS check.
Minimum of 2 hours per week
Roles and responsibilities
- Supervising the young people during activities and workshops
- Actively engage and encourage young people to participate in activities
- Listen to the young people’s perspectives and ideas and aid progressions and positive outcomes
- Being available for the occasional, relevant training and volunteer meetings.
- Ability to communicate with young people in an open and non-judgmental way
- Keep the youth hub clean and tidy
- Work in partnership with local organisations to build strong networks
- To ensure safeguarding of the young people & follow SYST’s policies and procedures
- We offer a good training and support package and can pay some volunteer expenses with a possibility of a Level 2 & 3 Youth Worker Qualification (funding dependent)
- Lived experience of marginalization or experience of supporting young people
- Youth worker qualification is desirable, not essential as there is a possibility that training can be provided
- An understanding of child protection, confidentiality, boundaries, and risk assessments would be an advantage
To find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org