Learn how to get your business investment ready at this FREE Two Day Workshop
Delivered by: Marches Growth Hub and Midven
Are you seeking investment for your business? Would you like to be guided through the process of getting your business “investment ready”?
This two-day, workshop brought to you by Birmingham-based venture capital firm Midven will take you through the fundamentals of developing your business strategy to attract external investment.
Date: Thursday 4th and Tuesday 9th October – 9am – 5pm
The sessions will cover the following topic areas:
- How to create a structured and strategic business plan
- How to create achievable financial forecasts
- What investors look for in a pitch and how to pitch successfully
- How to structure your company legally to ensure a smooth investment process
The workshop will be led by Giovanni Finocchio, a Midven Investment Director who has invested in early-stagecompanies for the past 8 years. He will be joined by industry experts Tony Seaton from Blue Sky Corporate Finance and Toby Harper from Harper James Solicitors, who will provide professional guidance on financial planning and legal documentation respectively.
Midven has a distinguished, 25-year record of investing in early-stage businesses and has been appointed to manage the new £35m West Midlands Equity fund, part of the Midlands Engine Investment Funds (MEIF).
- 9.00am – Introductions, Equity Investment Overview
- 11.00am – Break
- 11.15am – Legal Documentation by Adam Kudryl – Harper James Solicitors
- 12.50pm – Lunch
- 1.45pm – Commercialising your Product/Service
- 3.30pm – Break
- 3.45pm – Business Plans & Pitch Decks
- 5.00pm – Finish
- 9.00am – Sales
- 10.00am – Financial Forecast by Tony Seaton – Blue Sky Corporate Finance
- 11.30am – Employment (matters relating to investment)by Simon Gilmour – Harper James Solicitors
- 12.50pm – Lunch
- 1.45pm – Company Pitches
- 5.15pm – Finish
*** Note: This two-day workshop is fully funded and in order to get the most from the event, attendance on both days is required.***
For more information on this event please email Larraine.Heath@midven.co.uk,
To register your place on this two day workshop register here