Cyber Security: lets get your business secured!
Delivered by: Marches Growth Hub
As a small Shropshire business you may not have considered the need for cyber security.
With developments in communication technology, increased use of ‘The Cloud’, it is critical that a business is able to maintain secure IT systems.
While it is generally the data breaches of larger corporate companies that hit the headlines, the reality is that every business big and small are susceptible to these issues.
According to the UK Government report 43% of businesses experienced a cyber security attack in the past 12 months.
This event will help to raise awareness of the threats to your business internally and externally.
If you answer no to any of the following questions you need to attend this event:
- Do you understand the effect that a cyber breach can have on your business?
- Are you aware of the basic precautions that you should take to reduce the risk?
- Do you have a plan in place to continue business following a security breach?
- Do you have security to cover computer, laptop, and mobile devices used for business?
- Is your customer information security safe from cyber threat?
This event will provide you with the opportunity to improve the digital security of your business.
A free two hour seminar aimed at businesses who want to:
- recognise business security risks
- discover how to protect their company systems and data
- prepare for business continuity in the event of a security breach
- 9:15 registration
- 9:30 start
- 11.45 close
- 11.45 – 12.30 lunch and networking ( lunch included)
Brought to you in collaboration with the Connect2Grow Project:
The project aims to raise digital awareness and increase the levels of digital skills within eligible Marches businesses.
If you are eligible, the project can offer advice in the following areas:
- Web design management, e-commerce and social media
- Cyber Crime and Cyber security (including a basic cyber check-up)
- Local access to workshops and/or events
A Connect2Grow advisor will also be available to discuss opportunities to access fully funded, free support through the Connect 2 Grow project which aims to raise awareness and digital skills for SMEs.
Terms and Conditions of Booking
We appreciate that sometimes there are good reasons why people can’t attend workshops, so if you’re no longer able to make it, please cancel your ticket through Eventbrite and/or let us know as soon as possible (at least 48 hours prior to the event). In order for us to offer your space to another business. This also helps us to save public money by organising, managing and allocating the right quantity of resources in advance according to the number of people registered.
Please note that if you do not attend without letting us know then we may have to decline your bookings for future sessions.
Details that you provide us with on booking will only be used in connection with this event offered by Marches Growth Hub (the data controller) and its partners, which include the Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) and the workshop faciliator. If the business has any question in relation to how the information the business provides, and in particular any personal data, will be processed and disclosed, please email the Marches Growth Hub – Shropshire on firstname.lastname@example.org