HR and Employment Law Workshop
Delivered by: Níamh Kelly – Director – The HR Dept Shropshire
HR and Employment Law is crucial for any business owner to be aware of; the law is the same regardless of the number of employees. Getting things wrong or ‘not knowing what you don’t know’ is not a defence in an Employment Tribunal. Can you afford the risk which could amount to thousands of pounds and reputational damage?
This free ½ day workshop provides a broad and practical overview of HR and Employment Law issues which any business owner, manager or person responsible for HR needs to be aware of, including;
- ‘Self-employed, worker and employee’ – do you understand the differences, how and when you should use, the contracts that need to be issued and the risks of getting this wrong?
- Holidays – how to calculate them and ensure compliance for part time and zero hours staff
- Discrimination risks and where they can arise from recruitment through to dismissal
- Managing absence – including sickness; and what rights employees have to statutory time off for other absences (maternity, paternity etc)
- Disciplinary and Grievance – how to discipline staff and deal with grievances.
- The End of Employment – why it happens and how to deal with it.
- What the costs could be of ‘getting it wrong’ if you receive an Employment Tribunal claim
This workshop is run in partnership by Níamh Kelly – Director – The HR Dept Shropshire. She is a HR Professional with over 25 years experience across a wide range of local services and industries.
Start Time – 10am – 2pm With a short break
Open to ASYSTED Businesses only, to book your place or to find out how to become an ASYSTED Business contact the team on 01952 299214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org